How to Make the Most Scrumptious Weekend Breakfasts on the Planet
We’ve gathered some of our best ideas for lazy, scrumptious weekend breakfasts. We think you’ll love them. Breakfast at your house will change. You will find:
- Five ways to make stuffed French toast including a make-ahead breakfast and a deep-fried French toast.
- Our five favorite French toast recipes.
- How to make the best syrup on the planet--from a mix or scratch.
- How to make pancakes like a big-time restaurant.
- Merri Ann’s “company” waffles and the most delightful pancakes to serve.
You'll need a "side”, so we included how to make hash browns like the diners do and biscuits and gravy.
That's a ton of breakfast ideas and info. Think of them as templates, starters, and to build your own magnificent breakfasts.
This may change forever how you make weekend breakfasts!
Caramel Pecan Waffles
This is a story about lazy weekend breakfasts that also work for company or holidays. We think you will enjoy them.
Our youngest son, Ben, his wife, and their darling little 5-year-old daughter stayed with us while they were waiting for their house to close. That was an opportunity for Merri Ann, my wife, to make her favorite waffles.
When Merri Ann makes these waffles, she pours batter on the waffle iron, and before folding the top down, pours a layer of chopped pecans over the batter. Then she cooks them as normal. The heat of the griddle toasts the pecans.
The waffles come out nutty, crunchy and delightful. She serves them with whipped cream and buttermilk syrup. If you haven’t tried buttermilk syrup with its caramelly, butterscotchy flavor, it’s incredible!