Orange Dream Whipped Cream Cake
This whipped cream cake is made with a vanilla bean baby cakes mix with a touch of orange flavor and topped with orange-flavored whipped cream. It’s light, citrusy, and just a dream for the tastebuds.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix the cake batter in your stand type mixer, per package instructions.
- Add the orange flavor.
- Spread batter in a greased or parchment-lined 9X13 cake pan and bake for 18 minutes at 325°F or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a wire rack. If you are using parchment paper, grab the edges of the paper and lift to transfer it to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- After it has cooled, trim the edges back 1/4 to 1/2-inch. Use a ruler to cut the cake in half either long ways or short ways.
- You are now ready to stack and assemble your cake. Put either frosting or a filling between the layers, cover the cake with frosting, and decorate it.
Orange Cloud Flavored Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange flavor
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup meringue powder
- Whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Add the sugar, flavor, and zest and continue whipping.