The tangy taste of San Francisco style sourdough is unique. You will love this muffin bread.
Just drop it in your bread machine or bake it in your oven.
This bread mix makes a large loaf with an open crumb. It toasts into a crunchy, crisp texture typical of English muffins. This makes a great breakfast bread but you can enjoy it as a snack also. You'll make a large loaf--approximately two pounds. A SAF gourmet yeast packet is enclosed. You add only water.
For a crusty bread: This sourdough bread naturally forms a more chewy crust than other mixes and a "medium" crust setting will be adequate in most bread machines. To maintain a chewy crust, store your bread in a paper bag, not plastic. (In plastic, the bread sweats and softens the outer crust.)
- Makes 1 loaf of bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines—or in the oven.
- Enjoy a San Francisco style sourdough bread in a crunchy English muffin bread.
- Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your bread will work.
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M100-1
- Weight: 1.22lb