Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Syrup Mix. Limit 1. Online only.
I love this syrup. It's fantastic on pancakes or a dessert!
It works on everything from angel food cake to gingerbread to ice cream to French toast. It has a rich smooth flavor laced with tones of butterscotch and caramel. It truly is incredible.
Shelf life: 24 months.
Refrigerate any unused syrup and use within two months.
How to Make Buttermilk Pudding with a Buttermilk Syrup Mix
- 1 buttermilk syrup mix to make three cups syrup
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- Empty the mix into a medium bowl. Stir the cornstarch into the mix.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the milk and cream.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream mixture and the mix. Stir.
- Place the pan back on the heat and cook until boiling, stirring with a whisk. Remove from the heat and continue stirring until the bubbles subside.
- Scrape the pudding into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap pressed down onto the surface of the pudding so that it does not form a crust and refrigerate.
Syrup mix ingredients: Sugar, dry buttermilk, corn syrup, baking soda, and natural and artificial flavors.