A Collection of Gourmet Pancake Recipes
Here you will find a gourmet pancake recipe for every taste!
One of the most popular pieces we’ve ever published is “How to Make Your Own Pancake Mixes” which includes a recipe chart for making different sizes of mixes and a list of suggestions for gourmet pancakes. But when it comes to the gourmet pancakes, it’s not in recipe form and people have to guess how many raspberry chips or pecans to add to their mix. In this article, we’re taking some of the guesswork out by giving you actual, from “scratch” recipes. Of course, tastes vary and you may want to modify amounts but this is what works for us.
In this collection, you will find the following gourmet pancake recipes:
About Dry Buttermilk Powder and Dry Sour Cream Powder
- Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Cinnamon Chip Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Cinnamon Chip Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Maple Chip Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Maple Chip Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Walnut and Date Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Walnut and Date Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Cranberry Nut Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Cranberry Nut Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Caramel Pear Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Caramel Pear Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Fresh Peach and Pecan Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Fresh Peach and Pecan Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Raspberry Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
- Banana Pecan Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Banana Pecan Sour Cream Pancake Recipe
Because pancakes cook rapidly, baking soda works better than baking powder for leavening. But baking soda is a base and must come in contact with an acid to create a chemical reaction and the carbon dioxide bubbles to leaven your pancakes. Typically, that acid is either buttermilk or sour cream.
These recipes call for either dry buttermilk poser or dry sour cream powder. Neither has to be reconstituted to be used. It is clean and neat to use, can be stored in the cupboard for a long time, and eliminates waste due to spoilage in the refrigerator. It is more economical than fresh. It’s nice to always have dry buttermilk and dry sour cram on hand.
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake syrups and mixes:
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Maple Cream Syrup
- Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Vanilla Cream Syrup
- Coconut Cream Syrup
- Boysenberry Syrup
- Elderberry Syrup
- Apricot Syrup
- Raspberry Syrup
- Blueberry Syrup
- Cherry Syrup
- Marionberry Syrup
- and more . . .
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Mix
- and more . . .