While you’re eating healthier, you may wish to try these great whole wheat pancakes. Because they are made with whole wheat flour, plenty of eggs, and added bran, the carbs are reduced—but they still taste great.
Sugar Free Whole Wheat Pancakes (with Reduced Carbs)
These are light, tender, tasty pancakes that the whole family will enjoy. Whether you are into low carb, low glycemic, or low calorie, these are a healthier choice.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat bran (or substitute oat bran)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Splenda (or substitute sugar)
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
2. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Add the remaining wet ingredients. Add .the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined adding more milk if needed to get the right consistency.
3. Cook on a hot griddle as for other pancakes.
Yield: Makes six to eight large pancakes.
Serving suggestion: Serve with your favorite sugar free preserves.
|Visit The Pancake Center
Everything you need to know about making pancakes.
Free articles and recipes | Free E-books | Techniques and Tips | Tools | Ingredients
Why it works:
The only significant carbs in this recipe are in the whole wheat flour. The unusually high percentage of eggs tends to dilute those carbs and the fiber in the whole wheat flour and the wheat bran helps offset the carbs.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best
Click hereto see the nutrition facts.
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake mixes:
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancake Mix
- Texas Corn Cakes
Get this free guide now!
Simply fill out the form below to be emailed your free guide.