This is a great cheesecake recipe. The white chocolate makes this cake particularly rich. Use a good quality white chocolate with high cocoa butter content.
We topped this scrumptious cheesecake with orange glazed strawberries. The glaze is a simple sugar syrup with orange zest added. This makes a marvelous dessert.
You will need a ten-inch springform pan. Our glass-base springform pans are perfect.
This cheesecake was made with a square springform pan.
For the crust:
1 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the filling:
4 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups white chocolate wafers or 8 ounces of white chocolate baking bars
Preheat the oven 325 degrees.
1. In a 10-inch springform pan, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar together. Press the mixture across the bottom of the pan and up the sides to form the crust. Put the crust in refrigerator while you mix the filling.
2. With the paddle attachment of your stand-type mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Melt the chocolate. Drizzle in the melted chocolate while the beaters are running. Pour into the crust.
3. Bake for 50 minutes or until the cake is done. Let cool on a wire rack. After ten minutes, loosen the sides with a spatula and remove the ring. Refrigerate the cheesecake to cool completely.
Baker’s note: Drizzle in the chocolate while it is still warm. If the chocolate cools too rapidly, you will have clumps in the cheesecake.
For the glazed strawberries:
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
zest from one orange
2 drops red food coloring
2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Mix the water and sugar together in a saucepan. Add the zest. (Use only the outer portion of the orange peel; the white inner pulp is bitter.) Stir and cook until the sugar is dissolved and syrup starts to simmer. Cook for two more minutes. Set the syrup aside to cool.
- Just before serving, mix the syrup with the strawberries. Top the cheesecake with the strawberries.