Strawberries and banana make a wonderful combination in a pannekoeken. It could be topped with whipped cream but we chose a sour cream and honey topping and it was very good. This will make a wonderful brunch.
1/4 cup butter
3 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 pints strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
3 or 4 bananas, sliced
powdered sugar or cinnamon for dusting (optional)
1. Place the butter in a pannekoeken pan or an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides.
2. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
3. Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the rice flour or gluten-free blend until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
4. Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
6. Place the strawberries and bananas in the pannekoeken.
7. Top with the sour cream topping. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon if desired. Serve hot.
Sour Cream Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons honey or to taste
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix the sour cream, honey, and cinnamon together and place it in the refrigerator to remain cold.