If you would like to serve a memorable breakfast or brunch to your guests this holiday season, consider these pumpkin pie aebleskiver with cream cheese filling and cinnamon cream syrup. They’re easy.
1 1/4 cups Pumpkin Pie Pancake Mix
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 large eggs
cream cheese pastry filling
cinnamon cream pancake syrup for serving
- Separate the eggs. Mix the pancake mix, milk, melted butter and the egg yolks together.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold them into the batter.
- Heat your aebleskiver pan to medium low. Place 1/4 teaspoon butter in each well. Heat until the butter bubbles.
- Place one tablespoon batter in each well. Squeeze the cream cheese filling in the center of each aebleskiver and top with another tablespoon batter or until just below the edge of the well.
- Cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes; and turn over the aebleskiver with skewers or toothpicks. Cook again until golden brown, about three more minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Cook the remaining batter. Serve hot with cinnamon cream pancake syrup.