8 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 pinch coarse or fine ground pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, sliced
4 small red potatoes, sliced
1/2 pound country-style sausage
1/2 teaspoon zesty Italian seasoning or other seasoning blend
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, basil, and pepper together. Set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onions and potatoes until tender. Set aside. Cook the country style sausage, drain the grease, and then stir in the seasoning. Add the vegetables back to the meat. Spread the meat and vegetables across the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the meat and vegetables. Cook over medium heat. With a silicone spatula, lift the edges of the omelet so that the uncooked egg can flow back under the cooked portion of the omelet. Continue cooking until the omelet is mostly cooked and the top is still liquid.
4. Turn on the broiler element in the oven and set the rack about 5 or 6 inches below the element.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the omelet. Set the omelet under the broiler element. Cook for about two minutes or until the top is set and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.