One of our readers wrote and asked if the peanut butter brownie cupcake recipe could be baked in an ice cream cone. Very nice idea. So we whipped up a batch. Worked perfectly. We think this would be a great idea for a birthday party or for the kids at the next family reunion. And this is such an easy recipe, you can whip up a batch of cones in no time.
Note: This recipe can be doubled.
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
flat-bottomed ice cream cones
Wrap a dozen ice cream cone cups in aluminum foil and place them in a muffin tin. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, stirring as needed.
2. Stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Stir the eggs and vanilla into the mixture. Stir in the flour.
3. Fill the ice cream cone cups about three fourths full of batter. Put a teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of each.
4. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes depending on the size of the cone. A toothpick should still have gooey crumbs on it if tested.
5. When completely cooled, put a scoop of ice cream in the tops of the cups. Sprinkle the ice cream with cake decorations of your choice.