Peach Melba—peaches and raspberries—matches wonderfully with these gingerbread pancakes. A generous dollop of whipped cream is the perfect complement.
Peach Melba Recipe
2 1/2 cups frozen peach slices
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cups individually frozen raspberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a microwavable bowl, thaw the peaches in the microwave. Drain off the juices from the peaches into a measuring cup. Add enough water to have 1/2 cup liquid.
2. In a medium saucepan, mix the juice with the sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until the mixture has thickened and turned translucent.
3. Add the peaches, raspberries, and vanilla to the saucepan. Stir until combined.
Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup molasses crystals
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup milk (plus more as needed for the right consistency—about 1 1/2 cups)
Note: Instead of molasses crystals, you may use liquid molasses. Do not use blackstrap or other strong-tasting molasses.
Visit The Pancake Center
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices until well-dispersed.
2. In a large bowl, mix the molasses, eggs, sour cream, melted butter, and milk. Let the mixture sit for a minute to soften the molasses crystals and then stir until they are dissolved.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the two are just combined, adding more milk if needed. Some lumps will remain.
4. Cook on a very hot griddle.
Serve hot topped with peach melba and whipped cream.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake mixes:
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancake Mix
- Texas Corn Cakes