Use these chocolate crêpes just as you would regular bananas. They are particularly good with bananas or berries. Try them with an almond filling.
3/4 cup plus one tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt. Add to the flour and whip to a smooth batter. Refrigerate the batter for two hours.
- Heat a nine-inch crêpe pan on medium high heat. Brush with butter.
- Measure batter into the hot pan. Immediately tilt and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the bottom of the crêpe is cooked.
- Use a pallet knife or thin, sturdy spatula to turn the crêpe. Cook the second side for about thirty seconds, not as long as the first side.
Remove the crêpe to a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper and repeat with the rest of the batter.