Take these Creamy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes to your next summer party. They’re dreamy, scrumptious, little cheesecakes, topped with whipped cream. They use vanilla wafers for a crust and are easy to make. You can make them the day before.
Additional Recipes and References
- Free! How to Bake, a free 250 page baking book
- Free! Easy Cheesecakes from A to Z (Includes “A Cheesecake Troubleshooting Guide)
- Free! A Manual for No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Springform Pans from Round to Square
- Click to see the Cheesecake Recipe Index with over 40 additional recipe
1/2 cup pure dark (semi-sweet) chocolate chips
1 8-ounce package of light cream cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
about 45 vanilla wafer cookies
chocolate sprinkles for decoration
Makes 12 to 15 desserts. Recipe can be cut in half.
1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
2. In a medium bowl, whip the cream cheese until soft. Spoon several spoons full into the melted chocolate chips and stir. If the mixture is not smooth, reheat it the microwave and stir.
3. Add the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture and whip to blend. Add the 1/3 cup powdered sugar and blend.
4. Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla and 1/4 cup powdered sugar and continue beating until medium stiff peaks form.
5. Add a little less than half of the whipped cream to the chocolate filling and fold together until combined. Set the remaining whipped cream in the refrigerator.
6. Place paper cupcake holders in a muffin tin. Place two cookies in the bottom of each cup. Place a large spoonful of chocolate filling in each cup on top of the cookies. Place a third cookie on top of the chocolate filling and press down slightly. Top with whipped cream. Decorate with chocolate sprinkles. Refrigerate for a least an hour before serving.
Baker’s note: If you add too much cream cheese to the melted chocolate, the chocolate may solidify and you’ll have solid chocolate flecks in the mixture. Simply reheat the chocolate mixture until it is above the melting point and whip smooth. Then add the smooth mixture to the rest of the cream cheese.
What’s the Best Way to Cut a Cheesecake?
Use the right knife, a sharp, thin-bladed knife. Don’t use a serrated knife as filling and crumbs tend to stick to the serrations.
Cut with a downward pressure, dragging the knife as little as possible.
After each cut, wash and dry the knife so that you have a clean blade slicing through the cheesecake.