This is a fun dessert! We took our luscious Pink Lemonade Pie and made it green for St. Patrick’s Day. Since this is made with cream cheese, it’s very cheesecake like. It also contains frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate.
You’ll need a nine-inch springform pan. We use a glass base silicone springform pan. With the graham cracker crust, it’s easy to peel the ring from the pie and cut nice, neat slices right on the glass base.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1. Mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a nine-inch pie pan or springform pan. Mix until the crumbs have absorbed the butter and the mixture is uniform.
2. Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
3. Bake for ten minutes at 350 degrees or refrigerate the crust for an hour.
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup lemonade or limeade concentrate (not mixed with water)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
green food coloring as desired
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
2. Add the lemonade or limeade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating until smooth. Color with green food coloring as desired.
3. Poor into the pie shell and place in the freezer while you mix the topping.
1/3 cup shredded coconut
Several drops of green food coloring
1. Place the coconut in a small bowl with several drops of food coloring and stir until the coconut turns green.
2. Garnish with the pie with coconut.
3. Refrigerate the pie.