This is a really fun recipe. We developed it years ago but since then have developed shortcuts. Instead of making the cookie dough crust from scratch, we’re using a mix. Of course, you can use your favorite cookie recipe.
Instead of making the chocolate filling with pudding, we’re using a premade filling, either Bavarian cream or chocolate Bavarian cream. These shortcuts make this a snap to make.
We’re making this in a 15-inch pizza pan. If you are interested in a smaller dessert, use half the cookie mix, half the recipe below, or a smaller recipe and make the dessert in a springform pan.
We’ll give you a list of possible toppings—let the kids get creative. Consider this for an after school project or maybe that upcoming birthday party.
Grandma’s Cookie Pizza Recipe
For the crust, use a cookie mix of your choice (we have dozens of cookie mixes to choose from), your favorite cookie recipe, or the recipe below. Press the cookie dough into a 14-inch pizza pan, add a filling, and top it as you like. Presto—you have a pizza the kids will love.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well dispersed.
- Cream the sugars and butter together. Add the egg and beat until light and creamy. Add the extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients, mixing until combined. Add the chips.
- Press the cookie dough into an ungreased 15-inch pizza pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes or until it just starts to brown. Remove the pan from the oven and set it on a wire rack.
Spread whatever toppings that you desire on the filling. The dessert in the picture was topped with M & M candies, a sliced banana, chopped peanuts, and then drizzled with chocolate ice cream syrup. See the list below for other ideas.
Cut into wedges and serve.
• Whipped cream
• Chocolate whipped cream
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
• 1/2 cup toffee chips
• M & M candies
• Maraschino cherries
• Gummy Bears
• Cake decorations
• Miniature marshmallows
• Chopped peanuts
• Chocolate syrup
Bakers Note: If you are really into a party, doubling the recipe will make enough crust for a 14-inch pie. If you are making a 15-inch pie, consider tripling the recipe and making a couple cookies with the leftover dough.