This recipe uses crêpes to make a torte. Of course, if you prefer, you can fold the crêpes as you choose. While this recipe calls for fresh berries, we used frozen berries and it worked wonderfully well.
For the Crêpes:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt. Add to the flour and whip to a smooth batter. Refrigerate the batter for two hours.
- Heat a nine-inch crêpe pan on medium high heat. Brush with butter.
- Measure batter into the hot pan. Immediately tilt and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the bottom of the crêpe is a nice even, golden brown.
- Use a pallet knife or thin, sturdy spatula to turn the crêpe. Cook the second side only it is a blonde color, not as dark as the first side.
- Remove the Crêpe to a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper and repeat with the rest of the batter.
For the filling:
2 cups red raspberries
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl slightly crushing the berries. Let the mixture stand for one-half hour at room temperature for the flavors to mingle.
- Lay a Crêpe on a flat plate. Spoon filling on the crêpe. Repeat for four to six crêpes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream.