This recipe incorporates whipped egg whites for extra light and fluffy pancakes. Because they use the yolks and melted butter, they are still rich and tender.
1 cup sifted all-purpose, pastry, or cake flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
2 egg yolks
3/4 cups milk, more or less
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon sugar
Visit The Pancake Center
1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, most of the milk, and the melted butter together until smooth.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the mixed wet ingredients all at once. Stir until just combined. (Over-mixing will make for a tough pancake.)
4. Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy and soft peaks appear as for meringue. Add the sugar toward the end of the beating. Fold the egg whites gently into the batter with a spatula. Add milk as necessary to get the right consistency.
5. Cook as you would other pancakes.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake mixes:
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancake Mix
- Texas Corn Cakes