Use your microwave to make this easy candy. This fudge-like candy tends to be soft and needs to be refrigerated to stay firm.
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups good quality semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup walnut pieces
1 cup dried cranberries
3 cups miniature marshmallows
Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and then coat the foil with butter.
1. Place the sweetened condensed milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the mixture in the microwave for about two minutes, stopping once or twice to stir. The mixture should be hot but not boiling.
2. Add the chocolate chips and cocoa powder and stir. Let sit for a minute and then stir again. In the heat of the mixture, the chocolate chips should melt. Stir until smooth. If the chips don’t melt, reheat the mixture.
3. Stir in the vanilla. Add the cranberries, nuts, and marshmallows and stir until evenly distributed.
4. Scrape the candy mixture into the prepared pan. Press the candy down into an even block with your greased fingers, a sturdy spatula, or a sheet of waxed paper. Place the pan in the refrigerator and let cool over night.
5. When you are ready to cut the candy, remove the pan from the refrigerator and the candy from the pan by grabbing the edges of the aluminum foil and lifting. Peel the aluminum foil from the candy. Place the block of candy on a cutting board and cut into even squares with a sharp, serrated knife.