These are great chicken sandwiches that your family will love. They are easy to make.
For the focaccia, either buy focaccia loaves at your local bakery or use a focaccia bread mix from The Prepared Pantry. Mixes are easy and you can choose from four varieties.
For more chicken recipes, download this free collection of chicken recipes.
Yield: Four large sandwiches
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
4 large wedges of focaccia bread
1 red bell pepper
4 slices provolone cheese
- Marinate the chicken in the salad dressing for about a half hour.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet, turning once, until cooked. Once cooked, slice the chicken across the grain into thin slices for sandwiches.
- Split the red pepper into fourths and remove the seeds. Cook the bell pepper until almost soft.
- Split the focaccia bread and spread mayonnaise on both sides of the wedges. Cut the chicken into pieces to approximate your bread wedges.
- Load each sandwich with chicken, a slice of cheese, the cooked bell pepper, and spinach leaves. Serve at once.