We do love pumpkin cheesecakes. (Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake in Gingersnap Crust is a favorite cheesecake. We have included the recipe.) Canned pumpkin is cooked in the canning process. Surely, we thought, we can use canned pumpkin in a no-bake cheesecake as long as there are no uncooked eggs. So we converted our pumpkin pie recipe to a no-baker.
Additional Recipes and References
- Free! How to Bake, a free 250 page baking book
- Free! Easy Cheesecakes from A to Z (Includes “A Cheesecake Troubleshooting Guide)
- Free! A Manual for No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Springform Pans from Round to Square
- Click to see the Cheesecake Recipe Index with over 40 additional recipes
For the crust
1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (or graham cracker crumbs if you prefer)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted
Mix the gingersnap or graham cracker crumbs with the nuts, brown sugar, and melted butter in a nine inch springform pan. Press the mixture into a crust across the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Put the crust in the refrigerator to set up while you prepare the filling.
For the filling
Mix the cream cheese and granulated sugar together with your stand-type mixer using the paddle attachment. Beat until smooth and fluffy, six to eight minutes. Add the pumpkin, Bavarian cream, vanilla, and spices. Beat until well-mixed. Spread the filling in the prepared crust. Refrigerate before serving.
Converting Existing Recipes to No-Bake Recipes
You can convert most cheesecake recipes to a no-bake cheesecake recipe by changing the filling from a cream cheese and egg mixture to a cream cheese and pudding or pastry filling mixture. The crust and topping can remain the same.
Your original cheesecake recipe may have inclusions in the filling such as cocoa, chocolate, fruit, spices, or flavors. You should be able to use those same inclusions in your no-bake converted recipe with three exceptions:
1. If your recipe calls for flavor or extract, for your no-bake recipe, you may need to cut back
and the amount. That is because some of the flavor in the original recipe is driven off in
the long bake time.
2. If your recipe includes a liquid, such as juice, your filling may be too thin without the heat
to drive off the liquid. You may be able to thicken your filling with Instant Clearjel.
3. If you have an inclusion that needs to be cooked, such as a layer of uncooked pumpkin
pie filling, you won’t be able to use that in your no-bake recipe.