1 can artichoke hearts drained (about 14 ounces)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
7 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
7 egg whites
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare five ramekins by thoroughly buttering the inside, coat with grated parmesan cheese, and set aside on a cookie sheet.
- Place the artichoke hearts, lemon juice, egg yolks, milk, and cornstarch into a blender and blend on medium high.
- Place mixture into a bowl and add cheese.
- In a separate clean bowl, whip egg whites to a soft peak. Gently fold in egg whites into artichoke mixture.
- Fill each ramekin to the brim of soufflé batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees until internal temperature is 160 (about 20-25 minutes).