This is a traditional pannekoeken with ingredients added. You can use this as a template for other pannekoeken recipes.
6 ounces of bacon fried crisply
1 apple, peeled and cored
1/2 red bell pepper (optional)
1/4 cup butter
3 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Snip the bacon into 3/4-inch pieces. Slice the apple thinly. Dice the red pepper and steam it in the microwave for a minute to make the dices-crisp-tender.
2. Place the butter in a Dutch Baby pan or an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
4. Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the flour until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
5. Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the toppings over the batter.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Serve hot with maple syrup.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best