Strawberry White Chocolate Lava Cake
with Strawberry Sauce
Anyone who likes strawberry shortcake is going to love this. The chunks of fruit in the filling reduce the ooze but this so good, it’s hard to pass up.
Makes 12 servings.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons strawberry flavor
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
10 ounces white chocolate wafers, melted
12 ounces individually frozen strawberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 heaping tablespoons red currant jelly
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter a standard muffin tin. Dust with granulated sugar, and tap out excess. Set aside.
- Remove 2/3’s of the strawberries from the 12 ounce bag. While still frozen, chop them into 1/4 inch chunks with a bench scraper or large knife. Set the rest of the strawberries aside.
- In the bowl of your stand-type mixer and with the paddle attachment, cream the half cup butter, half cup sugar, and salt together. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each. Add the strawberry flavor.
- Add the flour and beat until just combined. Drizzle in the melted white chocolate and mix until combined. Gently fold in the strawberry pieces. Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. The cups will be full.
- Bake just until the tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is slightly shaken, 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let the pan stand for three to five minutes
- To remove the cakes, place a cutting board over the top of the pan with the cakes. Grasping the edges of the pan and cutting board together, invert the pan, hold the inverted pan atop the cutting board, and drop the pan and cutting board from a height of six to eight inches. The cakes will pop loose onto the cutting board.
- To make the sauce, puree the remaining strawberries in a blender then empty the contents into a small saucepan. Add the 1/4 cup sugar and jelly. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the jelly is melted. And it just starts to bubble. Set aside to cool.
Serve with whipped cream and the strawberry sauce.