Enjoy the tropical taste of pineapple combined with tangy cream cheese in this flavorful cupcake.
For the cupcakes
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
3. Snip off tip of cream cheese pastry filling bag, insert it into the cupcake, and sqeeze small amount into cupcake. Repeat with pineapple pastry filling. Watch a video on how to fill cupcakes here.
For the Frosting
1/2 cup buttercream frosting base
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup boiling water
1 pound powdered sugar (more as needed)
1 cup softened butter
1 8-oz. package cream cheese.
lemon yellow Americolor food coloring gel (or equal)
1. Add sugar to hot water and stir until dissolved. Add frosting base and whip with whisk attachment until peaks form.
2. Add powdered sugar. Beat until completely blended.
3. Add butter and cream cheese and whip until well blended. Add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
4. Squeeze a few drops of food coloring into frosting and beat until uniform. Pipe onto cupcakes.
For more great recipes and tips, download our free 318-page How to Bake book, now compatible with Kindle, Nook, iPad, and more.